Who doesn’t love scouring Pinterest for new recipes? It’s so easy to slip away into a fantasy land of delightful dips and muffin dreams. Sometimes I find myself pinning more than cooking, but in any case, here is a short list of five recipes I’ve had my eye on lately:
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers: Reminiscent of Italy, this summery appetizer also makes me think of a delicious and beautiful salad I had once at Pizzeria Orso.
- Ground Lamb with Pine Nuts and Mint – Served in lettuce wraps! In general, I would like to have more lettuce wraps in my life.
- Prosecco Piña Colada – This drink makes me think of my friend who loves Piña Coladas. I wonder what she would think of this version. How hard do you think it is to make pineapple simple syrup? Bonus: This comes from the Anthropologie blog.
- Chocolate Greek Yogurt Cheesecake – Greek yogurt is so trendy right now, and I am hopping on the healthy bandwagon! It’s already become the standard substitute for sour cream in my Mexican concoctions. I can’t wait to try it in cheesecake next.
- Blueberry Muffins – Speaking of Greek yogurt, my coworker made the most delicious muffins the other week with fresh blueberries. The muffins were incredibly moist, and I think the secret must have been the yogurt! I can’t wait to make a batch for our next brunch party… for friends, or just for Chris and I.
Front page photo courtesy of FreshFruitPortal.com.