Happy Wednesday, everyone! We were gifted with a heap of beautiful snow in the DC area yesterday and the morning commute was pure chaos! I dug out my snowboots and tromped a few blocks to metro in, then wistfully gazed outside the window all day as computer keys warmed my hands. On Twitter, #closeFCPS took on a life of its own when Fairfax County, the county of my former high school, decided to remain open. We all remembered that the weather is still not entirely predictable. I hope you all stayed warm and safe!
- Screwtop (pictured above) was on point as always with their annual New Year’s Eve party! Loved getting dressed up, mingling around, and trying their great selections of wines, along with some delicious, mostly vegetarian appetizers!
- Creamy Jalapeno Broccoli Stovetop Mac ‘n’ Cheese – I can’t stop dreaming about this recipe, by i am a food blog!
- Thank you, Cookie and Kate, for putting together this super helpful January produce guide!
- I just discovered Beth’s Tasty Yummies blog – she is a Greek who lives in Southern Cali! I’ve already made her htipiti dip, and look forward to trying more recipes. Bonus: Her fresh, seasonal, clean, & whole food philosophy.
- José Andrés just opened a new Peruvian-Chinese-Japanese restaurant, China Chilcano. Despite what you might think, it’s not fusion at all and the interior looks like it will be just mesmerizing.
- We’re all detoxing and cleansing and apparently drinking broth is now a thing. Reminds me of the leek soup cleanse from the lovely book, French Women Don’t Get Fat!
- I know I’m super late, but I still really want to curl up in a coffee shop, reflect on 2014, and make goals for the months ahead. I thought that these questions provided a good start.
- Finally, with all of this snow and cold, I am SO happy about my new Anthropologie earmuffs – such a cute and helpful Christmas present!