Hello and happy Monday! I am not the kind of person who has exciting weekends all of the time. But, you know when you have those weekends you just want to tell everyone about? The kinds of weekends when you’re happy someone at work asks you how your weekend was? This was a solid one. We had a dear friend come and stay with us, who always brings our community together. We ended the weekend hosting two of our best friends for dinner. And then — caught some of the Golden Globes. Tina and Amy forever!
On Mondays, it makes sense to take it easy. I tried out this dinner last week on a busy night after work. It didn’t take too much time, and it’s a dish I definitely want to add to our regular rotation… kind of a spin on our go-to asparagus, mushroom, and goat cheese quesadillas… this is the winter version! Try it for a quick, vegetarian weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ cup shaved brussel sprouts
- 1 - 1½ bell peppers (or 6 baby bell peppers), diced
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- cooking spray
- 6 oz log of chèvre goat cheese, crumbled
- 10 small whole wheat tortillas
- salt & pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan at medium-high heat.
- Sautee brussel sprout shavings for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add light salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and mix in parsley. Set aside.
- Heat a panini maker or griddle pan lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Distribute brussel sprout mixture, bell peppers, and goat cheese among the tortillas. The amount of each will depend on the size of the tortilla.
- Add a small dash of cayenne pepper if desired, plus more salt and pepper.
- Grill in a panini maker or on griddle pan for 5-6 minutes, turning once if on the stove.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then serve!