The January blues are hitting me hard this week. After all of the craziness on Monday, I read the safety brochure included in this “how to properly evacuate a metro car” article multiple times yesterday. On a more personal note, Chris went out of town on Monday. Classes start up again next week and at work, this month is always a bit of a funny transition time.
The turn of the year can bring so much excitement – but it carries chilly temperatures and some restless anticipation with it too. My prayer for 2015 is to learn to adapt better to all that comes my way…
In the meantime, I’ll be at Screwtop tonight for some girl time with a close, wine-loving friend who always speaks to my heart. Then on Friday, Chris and I are going on a ski trip (or a “ski” trip in my case) with some friends for the long weekend, which should be perfect timing before classes and work pick up!
If you’re a little blue like me today, here is a scattered list of happy musings for your quick review:
- DC’s Winter Restaurant Week is next week (January 19-25) with some restaurants extending to the following week. Have you made any reservations? We are trying out The Bombay Club!
- 2015 has me so excited for vegetables! Check out the rise of vegetable-focused menus and five other food trends from Jessica Sidman at Young & Hungry.
- In the spirit of 2015 resolutions, it’s not too late to pick a word that you would like to focus and define your year. Read this inspiring post for an example of what it looks like and check out this list for word ideas.
- I don’t know about you, but I’ve been wondering about the snazzy Chandon sparkling wine bottles popping up all over Instagram lately. Read about their clever marketing strategy!
- A favorite quick meal of mine is Annie’s Shells & White Cheddar Mac ‘n’ Cheese made with almond milk (and/or Greek yogurt!) + cayenne pepper + whatever veggies I have on hand. I feel crazy sometimes with all that I add, but I just found out I’m not the only one who thinks this way! That is one good-looking recipe.
- Sufjan Stevens just announced a new album coming out in March! I have the trailer song stuck in my head. I can’t wait.
- How To Fall In Love with Anyone <- This article has been making the Internet rounds and I think it’s just fantastic. I do believe that love is more than a feeling, that it is first and foremost a verb and a decision!
- Try Chipotle’s tofu sofritas on Monday, January 26 and get a coupon for a free burrito, burrito bowl, tacos, etc. I’m not normally a tofu fan, but I’ve tried the sofritas before and they aren’t bad!