As far as I’m concerned, the new year started yesterday — after the long weekend and in this beginning week of the spring semester. My first class is tomorrow! I have already started reading for an elective I have on Saturday. At work this week, we are kicking off 2015 with a three day all-staff meeting downtown — and a celebration at Jack Rose Dining Saloon tonight. I am feeling energized and overwhelmed and grateful and sad all at once!
With that, here are a few things I’ve stumbled upon lately as life begins to pick up:
- I’m starting to plan out my work lunches (and dinners on-the-go to class) again. I love The Everygirl’s recent Healthy Lunch Bowls roundup. My favorite make-ahead lunch continues to be different versions of these veggie + bean quinoa bowls.
- In talking to different friends, journaling more seems to be a common resolution for 2015. Joy the Baker got me into Journal52, a group that emails out vague creative prompts each week to jumpstart expression. While there seem to be a lot of artists signed up, I think the idea works well for writing too. “Conversation starters” is the prompt for this week.
- Speaking of Joy the Baker, I am really getting into her podcast, Joy the Baker Podcast, with Tracy Shutterbean… I listen to them and feel like we are all friends!
- An interesting look at the rise of delivery services in DC — what’s available, why is it a hot market, and more.
- Yes! I agree that D.C. can handle a high-end vegetarian restaurant and that we need more produce markets. Read about these and other food wishes from the DCist staff.
- I could have spent an hour going through Buzzfeed’s 27 Diagrams That Make Cooking So Much Easier. I especially love the conversion charts (#6 & #8), the knife skills diagram (#15), and the seasonal produce graphic (#26)!
Hope you’re having a wonderful week!