Silly things, but it was fun that Capital Weather Gang featured the above photo on their Twitter feed and live blog on Monday night! My ten seconds of online fame for the week. Though we in the D.C. area suffered from some serious Boston + NYC snow envy, some schools and the government did end up getting delayed and/or closed yesterday. I experienced a scary drive home from class on Monday night (which is what I tweeted to CWG about), but other than that, there was not much to report on the snow front! Will we ever get the winter wonderland we’ve been dreaming about this season? Only time will tell!
Other than the weather, here is a list of what has been standing out to me this week:
- I thought you might want to know, if you’re into wine like me and will be watching the game… How to Pair Wine With Super Bowl Snacks.
- I am getting into Bon Appétit’s new podcast lately! Listen to their great Superbowl episode here for some mouth-watering food ideas.
- Kind of random, but I made popcorn recently topped with coconut oil, garlic spice, cayenne pepper, and sea salt! It was fantastic.
- In case you’ve wondered why Arlington happy hour deals are nearly impossible to find online, this is why — though we’ll see if it changes in the near future.
- I recently posted about bacon-wrapped dates… but what about dates stuffed with chèvre, pistachio, and chive? Ahhh! Thanks, Not Derby Pie. Straight onto my Pinterest board.
- Tricks for choosing a wine to try — in beautiful illustrations! I will admit, however, that I love buttered toast ALL of the time, but not Chardonnay all of the time…
For Super Bowl snack ideas from eleventh floor provisions, check out the recent Buffalo Cauliflower Bites I made. And stay tuned – I’m planning to write about some delicious Buffalo Caramel Popcorn (crazy, right?) this week as well!