Lately, I’ve been dreaming about pour over coffee. I know it’s been a “thing” for awhile, and I’ve seen lovely photos on Instagram for some time now at this point, but I finally tried it out at Northside Social in Clarendon this past weekend! Amazing. If you’re curious about the process like I was, take a look at this brief how-to video to learn more.
Here are some other things on my mind this week…
- Did Serial get you into podcasts, but now you’re not sure what to listen to? Try NPR’s Invisibilia, which is Latin for “all the invisible things.” It’s great for psychology junkies. Lulu Miller and Alix Spiegel report fascinating stories each week on topics such as thoughts, fear, categories, and the influence of computers.
- …another podcast that I’m getting into is a new series from Food52 called Burnt Toast. I’m so excited about the growing world of food podcasts!
- Ever wonder why cocktails are so expensive these days? I definitely identify with the “white knuckle experience” when I order off of a cocktail menu with no prices listed!
- Do you think this popcorn looks amazing or insane? I can’t decide, but I am tempted to try it…
- José Andrés’ new fast casual restaurant in Foggy Bottom, Beefsteak, is now open! Check out the menu here. I can’t WAIT to try it out soon. #moreveggiespls
- Sufjan Stevens released a new album yesterday — and it’s absolutely beautiful.